Monday, July 25, 2011

Glimmers

(Author's note: This is a mere writing exercise, a snippet from a work in progress. Names and places are purely fictional, and any resemblance to any person, place or thing, is merely...as the saying goes, strictly coincidental.)


Oh, the magic of facebook! Oh, the infinite possibilities of love hidden in your algorithm! Here in ethereality, I have found my one true love.


This is how it happened. Or maybe it didn't happen at all, and I'm just cogitating, making believe in something I 've only glimmered, but never experienced. Maybe my imagination is just so wild that I would concoct a love story such as this, where someone adores me just as much as I adore him. From infinity to infinity.


I was 7. Sweet and innocent, clinging to the memory of our former radiance in a previous life where we were blissful together. I let go of your hand for a second and lost you, but you promised we would meet again.


And suddenly, there you stood, under a cobblestone archway, and I knew. Love had left a trail of stardust so that I might find my way home to you.

No comments: